Tuesday, 15 January 2013

A nice surprise

Back in October, when the whole Deer & Doe craze started, I went through their patterns and discovered one that would work for an idea I had:

Picture from deer-and-doe.fr


I planned to make the Robe Belladone, with a twist: the top of the back side would be made in leather. I still have some leather scraps (big enough) from when I attempted to make Mr T a laptop sleeve*. I also have this great cotton that I think would work - black and brown in an interesting pattern (picture from when I bought it - the top one):



Top fabric will be used for body, if I don't change my mind
Anyway - I duly ordered this in October but it never arrived. I thought it had been shipped and got lost in the post, so I never emailed them to tell them about it. Until yesterday when I got a call from our reception - they had my package. It was missing my surname, which is why no one knew where to deliver it - there are 3 companies in our building.

I'm pretty happy I got it as now I can go ahead with my plans. I might reconsider on the main fabric though, depending on what else I have in the ever-growing(!) stash.

__
* anecdote: he still uses that amateurish looking sleeve; I need to make him a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment