Saturday, 12 May 2012

Sewing Meetup San Francisco

I have to be honest with you: I genuinely dislike travelling for work because there's little to do outside of work! I find airplanes the most boring thing in the world, an then I'm usually stuck somewhere for 7 to 10 days with little or nothing to do in the evenings and on the weekends. I know there are loads of people who just go out by themselves, but that's not really my thing.

Now, this particular trip has been different, mostly because I was travelling with a coworker - at least going out for dinner was an option! But to also have a sewing meetup! That's just PURE LUCK.

I decided to drop off my colleague at the airport on Wednesday and then head to SF, even though I would have around 3 hours of waiting to do. Now, waiting this time was ... short! I did some shopping but then I headed out to the wine bar full of anticipation.

Once we sat down, a flurry of everything from sewing to what it's like living in California to realizing that for once I'm not the only woman from tech around a table (yay!). Karen had an amazing idea to organize this, I think I made new friends.

I chatted at length with several fellow sewists, including Veronique (who does not want her blog mentioned), Elisabeth (from e-beth knits), Karen herself, Sharon, Beth and Daiyami. And the other Amy - have I said how amazing that jacket is enough times? Veronique's rings and necklaces are just amazing as well!

I loved the whole evening and I ended it with a great ride home with Daiyami and Elisabeth.

Here are a bunch of pictures I took. I was only snapping away randomly so they're not the best quality, but I removed the ones that were too moved.















6 comments:

  1. So lucky to be there , look like a lovely night x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty nice, I couldn't believe my unbelievable luck!

      Delete
  2. What awesome luck you had! Meetups are the best! Even better in a different city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do another one in London. I'd like to go fabric shopping in Goldhawk road (never been) for a giveaway I'm planning.

      Delete
  3. Great write up! How often do you travel to the San Francisco area? (Also, I hope you don't mind that I used your photo of me for my Me-Made May album.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be every year, but I'll have to go more often now. I expect to be travelling every 3-4 months, with the next date in September(ish?).

      I don't mind at all about the photo, I'm glad you liked it enough for your Me-Made album :)

      Delete