Well, I am done. Thanks to Karen, I now have a pair of silk PJs. I really wanted to take part in this sew along, but already own way too many PJs which are rarely worn. So I figured I could do something different this time.
In all, I used roughly 1.5m of silk satin, 1m of a print and 0.5 of a white. Since it's fairly short, I won't model it in person, I do hope you understand ;) This will officially be the first thing I own that I will have to hand wash: I would not bother, as my other silk things do fine in the washing machine but I didn't wash the fabric in the washing machine before I started, so I MUST hand wash from now on.
Here's the whole outfit:
The bottoms are a pattern I found online (I forget where). The top is the all-recognizable Colette Sorbetto. I made the pleat smaller and did not sew it down. The idea for this came from this modcloth top which is remarkably similar to this pattern! The pleat is roughly 1/3 of the original pleat. I had enough fabric to cut the whole thing, but silk is flimsy enough that re-folding was not a good prospect :)
Better view of the pleat:
As I mentioned before, I made my own bias binding. I have to say the method I used this time was so much better! So much so that I'll provide a tutorial soon. What I can say now is: water makes things much easier!
Every seam is a french seam. This includes the crotch seam for the bottoms - I did use a different method for construction that made this easier, blogged about last week.
The bottoms I made last week and made the top quickly today. I've been wearing the bottoms all week, they're great!
As for Karen's question: I'm now reading The Anthropology of Turquoise: Reflections on Desert, Sea, Stone, and Sky by Meloy Ellen. I just started it this week: it's not a particularly easy read for me, as I need to refer to a dictionary often, but I like it very much so far!
Thank you for hosting this Karen, you're a star!